1. Some people think that the money government spend on art, such as music and painting, would be better spent on things more important. Do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think secondary school should have a class of international news. Others believe it is not necessary. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
3. In recent years, ‘responsible tourists’ have paid attention to preserving both culture and environment of the places they visit. However, some people say that it is impossible to be a responsible tourist. Do you agree or disagree?
4. Young people who commit serious crimes should be punished in the same way as adults. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Economic progress is one way to measure a country's success. Other people think other factors are also important. What are the other factors? Which factor is the most important one?
6. Countries with a long average working time are more economically successful than those countries which do not have a long working time. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. Nuclear energy is the best source of power in meeting ever-increasing energy needs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8. Some people think success of life is based on hard work and determination but others think there are more important factors like money and appearance. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion?
9. Some say the purpose of education is to prepare individuals to be useful to society. Othes say the purpose of education is to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
10. Nowadays, women have full-time work same as men, logically men should share household equally with women. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. To what extent do you think societies benefit from the contact and closer relationship with foreigners brought about by international business and tourism?
12. Employers should give their staff at least a 4-week holiday a year to make employees better at their jobs. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
13. Some people think it is a valuable experience to travel abroad, whereas others believe it is a waste of time and expense since people already have TV programs and the internet nowadays. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
14. People's shopping habits depend more on the age group they belong to than any other factor. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Interview is the basic form of selecting procedure for most large companies. Some people think it is unreliable and there are some other better methods. Discuss and give your own opinion.